Meeting schedules are planned each fiscal year.
Cloverdale Scheduled Calendar Meetings
(incl. printer friendly one page 8×10 twelve month calendar)
Minutes password protected
Bylaws & DCCR – OFFICER DUTIES
Roberts Rules of Order FAQ
Jefferson County Sheriff
Cloverdale Monthly Board Meetings
scheduled the 2nd Tuesday of the month and open to all Members
check the mailbox bulletin board for current announcements and specific dates or changes.
- July – proposed budget preparation for the Annual Meeting
- August – Annual Meeting mailing & notice for the Annual Meeting
Cloverdale Annual Meeting – 2nd Saturday of September
unless it falls on 9/11 – Annual Meeting will be scheduled for the following Saturday
SAMPLE – HOW IT’S DONE – ANNUAL MEETING:
Within 30 days after adoption of a proposed budget for the Common Interest Community, the Executive Board shall provide a summary of the budget to each unit Owner, and shall set a date for a meeting of the unit Owners to consider ratification of the budget not less than 14 nor more than 30 days after mailing of the summary. Unless at that meeting a majority of all Unit Owners reject the budget, the budget is ratified, whether or not a quorum is present. If the proposed budget is rejected, the periodic budget last ratified by the unit Owners continues until the unit Owners ratify a budget proposed by the Executive Board.
- Regular Board Meeting usually monthly, bi-monthly and in some cases quarterly or every 6 months. Depends on the size and number of activities of your association. Your Board of Directors meet to handle the business of the association. You elected them from amongst your peers. As a member you must be provided with date, time and location so you can attend these meetings. Typically these meetings are for the Board (your peers) to make certain they are completing required time-sensitive fiduciary responsibilities governing your association.
- Members’ Meeting might be an informal gathering of two or more members that does not necessarily require advertising date, time and location to the full membership. Often members simply get together and discuss issues that they may decide to present to their Board of Directors. It is a relaxed environment and information is openly shared with those in attendance. It would be a good exercise to preserve notes or minutes of this type of meeting for future reference.
- Special Meeting is a formal activity for emergencies, you must be provided with date, time and location as soon as possible and you are encouraged to attend. An emergency situation may involve a one-time assessment increase of a sizable amount of money that must be obtained immediately. This is usually due to a major expense not outlined on an approved budget. It is a one-time vote of the members.
- Committee Meeting is a relaxed activity for a committee that has been delegated with a specific task by the Board of Directors and does NOT require advertising date, time and location to the full membership of the association. The committee meets when they agree to their own convenient time, date and place. They are responsible to carry out a specific task and report back to the Board of Directors. A committee is usually made up of 3 or 5 members. Some examples could be a policy committee, a website committee, a landscaping committee, or perhaps an architectural review or newsletter committee. There can be many types of committees in an association depending upon need.
- Annual Meeting is exactly that – once a year, typically outlined in your governing documents and certainly required by WV Law. Some HOAs may call this meeting a Members Meeting, try not to be confused. The Annual Meeting must be advertised with date, time and location, too and including an agenda with a proposed budget for ratification, and a proxy form. At the Annual Meeting it is required to record & certify proxy forms, take written attendance, and the Board of Directors must present proof of notice. You are encouraged to attend the Annual Meeting. It is a corporation meeting of ALL MEMBERS once a year. If you cannot attend you should complete the proxy and transfer your right to vote at this meeting.