A child’s wading and/or swimming pool is considered temporary and does not require approvals. A child’s wading pool may be positioned anywhere on a homeowner’s property. Must be removed when not in use.
XV. SWIMMING POOLS AND HOT TUBS within Cloverdale Heights: 9-1-2020 ARC Guidelines
A. All swimming pools and hot tubs must be approved prior to construction.
B. This section applies to both in-ground and above-ground swimming pools and all exterior hot tubs. Wading pools are excluded.
C. Swimming pools may be only located to the rear building line of the dwelling.
D. Mechanical/electrical components must be enclosed or hidden from view.
E. Placement of swimming pools must not alter natural drainage.
F. Application to ARC must include:
- Complete description of proposed work.
- Site drawing/plan showing the location of the proposed swimming pool or hot tub, pool equipment, decking, fencing, other lot improvements, and property lines.
- Jefferson County Subdivision and Land Development Regulations
- Jefferson County Zoning and Land Development Ordinance
AG108.1 General.The attached document outlines Swimming Pool, Spas & Hot Tubs CODE REQUIREMENTS including BARRIERS, E.G. safety fences.
|ANSI/NSPI-3-99 Standard for
Permanently Installed Residential Spas
|ANSI/NSPI-4-99 Standard for
Above-ground/On-ground Residential Swimming Pools
|ANSI/NSPI-5-2003 Standard for
Residential In-ground Swimming Pools
|ANSI/NSPI-6-99 Standard for
Residential Portable Spas
|ANSI/APSP-7-06 Standard for
avoidance in Swimming Pools, Wading Pools,
Spas, Hot Tubs and Catch Basins
|the official recorded documents shall prevail . . .|
Jefferson County Construction Permits:
116 E. Washington Street, Suite 201
Charles Town, WV 25414
304-728-3257 and/or 304-725-2998
9-5 Monday – Friday
Jefferson County Engineering Department (codes & inspections)
116 E. Washington Street, Suite 716
Charles Town, WV 25414
JEFFERSON COUNTY, WEST VIRGINIA
OFFICE OF PERMITS & INSPECTIONS
116 EAST WASHINGTON STREET, Suite 100
P.O. Box 716
CHARLES TOWN, WEST VIRGINIA 25414
*International Residential Code for One- and Two-Family Dwellings
[ 2009 (Fifth Printing) ] Chapter 42 – Swimming Pools (ICC-ES Reports)
- SECTION E4201 GENERAL
- SECTION E4202 WIRING METHODS FOR POOLS, SPAS, HOT TUBS AND HYDROMASSAGE BATHTUBS
- SECTION E4203 EQUIPMENT LOCATION AND CLEARANCES (ICC-ES Reports)
- SECTION E4204 BONDING
- SECTION E4205 GROUNDING
- SECTION E4206 EQUIPMENT INSTALLATION
- SECTION E4207 STORABLE SWIMMING POOLS
- SECTION E4208 SPAS AND HOT TUBS
- SECTION E4209 HYDROMASSAGE BATHTUBS